Agora (The), Columbus, OH

The Agora Theatre and Ballroom is a concert club located in Cleveland, Ohio. The Agora first opened on February 26, 1966 in Cleveland near the campus of Case Western Reserve University. However, the Agora soon outgrew its original venue as its owner, Henry LoConti Sr., was a pioneer in promoting entertainment for young adults and college-aged students.
In 1967, the Agora moved to a new building near the campus of Cleveland State University. Once settled in their new location, the Agora played a role in giving exposure to many bands, both from the Cleveland area and abroad.
The popularity of the club led the Agora to expand during the 1970s, opening as many as thirteen clubs, in cities including Columbus, Ohio, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Tampa, Miami, Hartford, Akron, Toledo, New Haven, Painesville and Youngstown. However, the Cleveland location is the only one still in existence today.
In 1984, the Agora was destroyed by a fire. A little over a year later, they reopened in a new building on Euclid Avenue, east of Downtown Cleveland. They have remained there since then, and today is still a popular concert club, with many national acts playing there when they stop in Cleveland.
The present-day Agora has two rooms: a newly renovated [April, 2010] 500 capacity, standing-room-only ballroom with adjoining bar, and an 1800 seat theater. It is available for rentals, and is still playing host to nationally touring acts.

800px-Agora_-_Cleveland%2C_OH_%28cropped%29.jpg

Source: Wikipedia


Springsteen did 0 performances, excl. rehearsals, at this venue.


Disclaimer | © 1996 - 2018 | Brucebase

icon_facebook.png icon_twitter.png icon_flickr.png icon_youtube.png icon_google_plus.png
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License