Earls Court, London, England

Earls Court Exhibition Centre was an internationally renowned exhibition, conference and events venue in London that originally opened in 1887. Its last art moderne style exterior was built in 1937 and demolished in 2015. Located in Earl's Court within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea it was the largest such venue within central London. The founder was John R. Whitley and the first exhibition included performances by Buffalo Bill Cody as part of the 'American Exhibition'. This was followed by 'Four National Exhibitions', the title of C. Lowe's 1892 book about Earls Court and its founder. Earls Court was widely known for serving as London's premier exhibition hall for many decades, hosting the Royal Tournament and Earls Court Motor Show, Ideal Home Show, the Brit Awards (until 2010), Crufts Dog Show and a number of other notable events and concerts. It was also used as one of the venues for both the 1948 and 2012 Olympic Games. It was served by two London Underground stations: Earls Court and West Brompton, opposite its entrances on Warwick Road and Old Brompton Road respectively. In 2013 plans to demolish Earls Court were approved in order to make way for a new residential and retail estate on the site, which is expected to be completed in 2033. Demolition work began on the site in December 2014.

1280px-Earls_Court_Exhibition_Centre.jpg Outside_Earls_Court.jpg

Source: Wikipedia


Springsteen did 4 performances, excl. rehearsals, at this venue.


Disclaimer | © 1996 - 2019 | Brucebase

icon_facebook.png icon_twitter.png icon_flickr.png icon_youtube.png icon_google_plus.png
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License