Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA

The Fillmore West was an historic music venue in San Francisco, California made famous by concert promoter Bill Graham. Named after Graham's original "Fillmore" location at the intersection of Fillmore Street and Geary Boulevard, it stood at Market Street and South Van Ness Avenue and was formerly known as both The Carousel Ballroom and El Patio. After two years at the Fillmore Auditorium, because of a deteriorating neighborhood and the modest capacity of the hall, Bill Graham moved the venue in July 1968 from the original building at 1805 Geary Boulevard to the Carousel Ballroom at 10 South Van Ness Avenue, at the corner of Market Street and South Van Ness Avenue (now the location of an automobile dealership), which was renamed Fillmore West (in contrast with Graham's Fillmore East auditorium in the East Village in New York City). Many Rock & Roll acts made successful appearances in the new, larger venue.

Source: Wikipedia


Springsteen did 2 performances, excl. rehearsals, at this venue.


Disclaimer | © 1996 - 2019 | Brucebase

icon_facebook.png icon_twitter.png icon_flickr.png icon_youtube.png icon_google_plus.png
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License