Letzigrund, Zurich, Switzerland

Letzigrund is a stadium in Zurich, Switzerland, and the home of the football club FC Zürich. It opened November 22, 1925 owned by the FC Zürich football club. During the Great Depression, ownership changed to the city of Zurich in 1937 which has operated it since. It underwent extensive remodelling in 1947, 1958, 1973, and 1984. Lighting was added in 1973. The first open air concert was in 1996. The capacity is 25,000. The main pitch is 105 by 68 metres with athletics facilities. There are also three other playing fields: 2 lawns, 1 artificial turf and a small packed sand field. A bar and a restaurant are within the stadium. For concerts, it has a high capacity, to 75,000 people. In January 2005, UEFA approved plans to rebuild the stadium for use as a EURO 2008 venue. The new stadium was opened on August 30, 2007.

Source: Wikipedia


Springsteen did 2 performances, excl. rehearsals, at this venue.


Disclaimer | © 1996 - 2020 | Brucebase

icon_facebook.png icon_twitter.png icon_youtube.png
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License