Stadio Luigi Ferraris, Genoa, Italy

The Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris, also known as the Marassi from the name of the neighbourhood where it is located, is a multi-use stadium in Genoa, Italy. The home of Genoa C.F.C. and U.C. Sampdoria football clubs, it opened in 1911 and is one of the oldest stadiums still in use for football and other sports in Italy. Aside from football, the stadium has hosted meetings of rugby in the Italian national team and, more rarely, some concerts. The stadium was inaugurated on 22 January 1911 with a football match between Genoa and Internazionale, and had a capacity of 20,000. It also hosted the 1934 World Cup quarter-final match between Spain and Brazil, and by then its capacity had been expanded to 30,000. The stadium was dismantled and rebuilt before the 1990 FIFA World Cup.

1280px-Stadio_Luigi_Ferraris_di_Genova.jpg

Source: Wikipedia


Springsteen did 1 performances, excl. rehearsals, at this venue.


Disclaimer | © 1996 - 2019 | Brucebase

icon_facebook.png icon_twitter.png icon_flickr.png icon_youtube.png icon_google_plus.png
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License